What is a Patient Persona?
To get in front of the right patient, at the right time, with the right message you need to first determine who the right patient is. Simply put, a patient persona represents the totality of the traits, needs, and motivations to a particular type of patient. You’ll identify and select your patient persona as a key target by segmenting data insights in a clear and efficient way.
A well-rounded and detailed persona provides a more intimate understanding of the customer/patient from a marketing perspective. And it reveals opportunities to more easily communicate value, open the door to better connectivity, guide marketing strategy, and deliver improved service and satisfaction.
Who are your Patients?
To understand the individual behind the medicine, it is important to better understand their lifestyle and social characteristics. If you can create an accurate and detailed persona of these individuals you can better facilitate their needs. It will mean that you can begin to answer some of these questions:
- What, from the users perspective, is different, better, unique, and/or compelling?
- How do we stand out from the competition?
- What do patients say that they like best about us?
- What can we deliver, and how can we deliver it, so that the patient is delighted and satisfied?
Importance of Demographics
Many patients take medication on a daily basis, it is a part of their everyday lives and impacts them immensely by helping them fight disease, treat a condition, or even recover from an illness. There are two big benefits of understanding the persona in medicine demographics.
1. These patients all have individual journeys and experiences of using medications, if you know how they feel on a day-to-day basis, your marketeers can better connect to their daily experiences and better communicate to them as a result.
2. Help doctors identify them.
How do we speak to each persona’s journey?
At this moment in time, we can understand a Patient through a medical case study, regular visits to a doctor, or from initial clinic trials. However, what about real-time data that tells you how your patients are feeling about their medicines today?
Brand planning can be far more efficient and effective if Pharma truly understood who their patients are by building a rich picture behind the medicines and speaking to the different groups of therapy areas.
How Can PatientMetRx® Help?
- PatientMetRx can help you enrich the themes behind the personas.
- Our simple solution can provide you with their daily symptoms and feelings so that you know what difficulties they face.
- You can speak to the challenges that patients face on a day-to-day basis by accessing the Patient Confidence Score.
- Let insights help guide your brand planning for 2022 to put your patient right in the center of what you are doing.
If you want to find out more about PatientMetRx® book a chat with a member of the team below:
Healthcare Success, ‘Defining a Buyer Persona for Healthcare Marketing’ [Accessed 9 August 2021]
Insight Marketing Group, ‘Patient Personas: The Advantages of Understanding Your Audience’ [Accessed 9 August 2021]