The E in ESG, environmental criteria, includes the energy your company takes in and the waste it discharges, the resources it needs, and the consequences for living beings as a result. Not least, E encompasses carbon emissions and climate change. Every company uses energy and resources; every company affects and is affected by, the environment.
S, social criteria, addresses the relationships your company has and the reputation it fosters with people and institutions in the communities where you do business. S includes labor relations and diversity and inclusion. Every company operates within a broader, diverse society.
G, governance, is the internal system of practices, controls, and procedures your company adopts in order to govern itself, make effective decisions, comply with the law, and meet the needs of external stakeholders. Every company, which is itself a legal creation, requires governance.
To become the World’s Organiser of Patient Intelligence by Medicines.
Our Top Focus with UN Sustainability Goals
Our Core Measures
- We are an equal opportunity, encouraging diversity
- Promoting a work-life balance, good mental health, and strong team engagement
- We proactively employ, train and mentor young students and graduates as employees
- We actively control and manage assets effectively
- We have appropriate external advisor relationships (e.g. Auditors, tax advisor, banks, lawyers) in place to support growth
- We have clearly articulated time-based targets
- We have appropriate skills, capabilities and finance to deliver the overseas entry / expansion strategy
- Our culture generates a pipeline of new ideas from across the business
- We are committed to investing in R&D
- Policy for hybrid working encouraging working from home
Reduction in air travel for ad hoc meetings
Educating all to be mindful of company environmental footprint
- We work closely with the ICO and external DPO, we have memberships with professional bodies. We complete due diligence on partner companies
- We have a formal monthly Board meeting and an active risk register
- We have established a Quality sub-committee reporting to the Board
- We have a Patient Charter to ensure we understand and represent a patient interest in capturing the data of individuals in PatientMetRx
- We have a Customer Charter to ensure that the voice of the customer is represented within the company
- We encourage employees to support their local communities
Mkinsey & Company, (2019) ‘Five ways that ESG creates value’ Available at: https://www.mckinsey.com/business-functions/strategy-and-corporate-finance/our-insights/five-ways-that-esg-creates-value [Accessed 5 July 2021]